Thursday, March 26, 2015

Hammer Thyme

I have finally decided on a Title for my column. I have been writing for a few weeks now and have settled into a routine. I noticed that most regular columnist have there title and make it their own. Since I have been covering gimmicks, I chose to practice what I preach and create a gimmick for my column. It seems only logical since I hearing how good a writer and at the gimmick thing that I should have one. I am going to show what went into the development and creation of Hammer Tyme. Showing what it takes and how to avoid taking someone�s ideas. This will also be an example of using what the last three articles taught while keeping with the talk show concept.
First, there was as with all my articles research in old school and there have been several gimmicks involving �HAMMERS�.

The one that first jumped into my mind was �Polish Power� Ivan Putski; his finishing move referred to as the Hammer,personalized bobblehead.

Greg �The Hammer� Valentine had the word in his Ring name. Not much more then that but hey it is worth a mention. Perhaps the most popular use comes from the Game, Triple H. He has taken the Sledgehammer and became a Thor type Warrior.

While not wrestling related it is also worth mention that an entertainer of another type made the hammer famous, M C Hammer and he even made a song �Hammer Time�.

I do not want any confusion or think that I am using his stuff so I used a variation and created �HAMMER TYME�. As you read on, you will notice outside my title and the songs title has no connection.

MAIL SECTION

That being said this column would add new features to continue that theory. Often there is a mailbag or in the new school world,customize bobblehead, there is email. I receive emailed questions that find themselves on this column so why not give them a home. This is that space. I start mentioning a feedback I received about someone�s gimmick. Whenever I create an idea, I do my best to make sure it is my own. I might reference a gimmick that to my knowledge is unique but I respect the effort someone puts in as I realize what it takes and not every idea works. Therefore, if ever anyone feels I took his or her idea or used it I may draw inspiration but I never copy or use anyone else�s material or work. Therefore,Innovative Financing From Canadian Leasing Companies . Mastering The Lease Versus Buy Decision, keep the questions coming in.

INTERVIEW SEGMENT

The interview segment I have some great ideas for the future and am excited to pass along others knowledge of the sport besides my own. Wisdom is valuable and passing it on allows other benefit and grow. I chose to start with this column as the first guest to let new readers as well as returning readers. The vision or concept is to create a talk show style format much like old school Pipers Pit on Chris Jericho�s highlight reel or Edge�s cutting edge. This way when I do interviews or write about a topic it can be easier and more entertaining to read and eliminate text wall. Which I agree sometimes is very distracting. In addition,custom bobble head, since these talk shows are colorful I will be introducing more color to make things standout and draw attention. These changes and creativity will bring this column to even greater quality. I feel that success warrants investment and why not make a good thing even better. In the past,custom bobbleheads, I have done interviews on my last promoter Frankie DeFalco and I have talked a little about my first promoter MR. Nice Guy. I am looking at having him as a guest but unfortunately, due to scheduling conflicts I have not been able to get him in for an interview. Gee, just like a real show having issues with guests. I also have interviewed myself giving my background in wrestling. I also have included brief quotes from those that I have met along the way. It is my desire for these interviews to inspire, motivate and get you interested in the topic of discussion. The exchange of ideas I believe is the greatest reward for a columnist. Passing the torch as I said is my goal at this stage of my career.

MONOLOGUE

I also want to include a monologue. Sometimes events come that need addressing yet do not have a guest or a topic like when I spoke about Steroid use. For my first monologue, I wish to speak about the Hall of Fame while it is great for the �Elite� it is unfair to the commoner who gives just as equally good performance but for whatever reason are not remembered. Are they any less important? Some of these people lost so that the �Elite� could become who they are. In the old school, the jobber was such an example. Men like Jake �The Milkman� Miliman,custom bobbleheads, Iron Mike Sharpe are examples. However, back in the day especially AWA had used little known or unknown to advance a prospect. A �Prospect� as the term goes is when a Promoter or Trainer finds someone they think has what it takes to be something and takes him under the wing and makes him a star.

Unfortunately, there are a few who never did anything note worthy. I remember my high school wrestling and Cross country days. Standouts received rewards and each individual person got an award or Certificate of Participation. Now I am not saying the elite do not deserve special recognition buy remember how and why they got there,custom bobblehead. Everyone works hard and likes a pat on the back now and then. We would never be able to display every figure even if produced for each participant anyway,.,Tips for Short Vintage Wedding Dresses. On the other hand, if it were not for these stars why would we tune in every week to see some average people doing things? For example if you attend a Junior varsity game you see people getting a chance to play but the attendance is far from capacity. The independent federations are much like the JV. They get a chance to participate but are no Hulk Hogan. Not saying what they do is not important by any means but it does allow someone to move up the ladder and make it big,Why You Need Good Golf Umbrellas.

The lesser known guys also serve a purpose unseen by those outside the business. Let us say you have a budget of $50,personalized bobbleheads,000 for a show. Bringing in people with $15,customized bobbleheads,000 (Ric Flair) is going to burn up your money quick. These little people are the federations� salvation as they often come in for $500 or less. In today�s economy, the cheaper might be better. Even WWE made the tough choice to layoff some of their performers. However sometimes it is three or four smaller people to afford one big mega star. Payroll choices are the headache of the promoter. You do not win mo matter what you chose.

CLOSING

This has given me the chance to apply the last three articles as well as tying the loose ends. Now HAMMER TYME can move forward and stand on its own. Well I hope it has been fun and educational. Keep the feedbacks coming in maybe yours will make it on the show some point in the future? I will try to work in as many ideas as I can as space allows. Please do not be upset or discouraged if your feedback, interview request,custom bobbleheads, monologue topic or mail does not see use right away. It may not fit one week but finds use in another week�s column. If however you feel that, it did not receive the respect it deserves feel free to contact me and I will make every possible accommodation for your item. This is for everyone and if you are not reading this then soon I will have nothing to say and lose this precious space. I believe that positive as well as negative�s need to receive equal space. That is the whole freedom of the press. Please do not feel you will offend me by being negative as there maybe others with the same view. In addition,customize bobblehead, I am human and unfortunately do make mistakes. We learn from our mistakes and while I take great pride in researching my topics, I received word that data was not accurate. I appreciate that you are letting me know about an error. If I was misinformed, my readers and I need to know. I also want to include the negative as a constructive criticism. Although since this is HAMMER TYME a hit from the sledgehammer might be in your future so watch, your back is a good idea. (LOL Just kidding) The best part of all this no commercial interruptions,personalized bobble heads,Ultimate Voguish Archery Equipments, you get all info and no annoying ads or breaks. That is all until next week. See you next week for another edition of HAMMER TYME.

No comments:

Post a Comment